BMW MCC Vic GS Training with Touratech
Calling all GS riders to join us for GS training with Robin Box and the Touratech team.
Touratech has offered to host GS training this year. All levels of GS riders welcome. The event needs a minimum of 5, with a maximum of 20 riders. Paid bookings will receive priority. If we are not able to fill the booking, then the event will be opened up by Touratech to invite other adventure riders.
Training will be held at the Carboor Reserve. The Carboor Reserve town hall offers great facilities (outfitted kitchen, porcelain toilet, shower and accommodation at the Carboor Hall). For those who don't want to stay in the Carboor Hall or camp, there is accommodation in nearby towns: Wangaratta, Milawa, Beechworth, Myrtleford, Bright.
The training will be held on a Saturday and the cost of training is $90.00 pp (including lunch).
For those who will camp at the Carboor Hall, the total cost is $150 pp (inclusive of training and lunch).
All fees are to be paid on booking via the club's Wild Apricot website (for BMW club members) and are non-refundable.
If you are not a member of the BMW club, please use the following reference LAST NAMEGS2Dec and deposit funds into the club's bank account, BMW MCC Vic, BSB 063000, Account 00804344. Email the organizer with proof of payment. If you wish to confirm the club's bank account, please contact Winfried Hessling (treasurer, 0403 302 230).
You will find a full list of 2023 GS Training dates and flyer here.
Please register for this event by 10 November 2023.
Please contact the event organizer, Jacques Van Niekerk, if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or send text to 0401 091 277. Please RSVP by cut off dates, to confirm numbers for training and catering.
- Arrive in afternoon for those who want to get out early from Melbourne and set up camp.
- Do BBQ in evening at Carboor Hall kitchen (bring your own meat and salad to put in fridge).
- Breaky at Carboor Hall kitchen (bring your own cereal and milk or head out for an early breaky at a town close by).
- 10.00am for 10.30am: Commence GS training hosted by Touratech at the Carboor Reserve
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided by Touratech
- Continue GS training after lunch followed by a ride on dirt
- 3 / 4pm: Conclude GS training
- BBQ in evening at Carboor Hall kitchen (bring your own meat and salad to put in fridge or get some refreshments from a town close by).
Clean, pack up and head home.